Yardling Sextet Crushes Melrose 14-0 for Third Consecutive Win

Myles Huntington's freshman hockey team extended its count of unbeaten games to three, as they overpowered a Melrose High sextet 14 to 0 yesterday afternoon at the Arena.

Captain Bob Marsolais, formerly of Melrose, came back to haunt his high school teammates. He was the second highest scorer of the afternoon with two goals to his record. Defenseman Ed Mrkonich scored the first goal early in the first period, the first of four for the Crimson in that period.

Ned Bliss wingman on one of the two first lines, was high scorer with three goals. Aside from Bliss and Marsolais, the shooting was well distributed throughout the squad. After the Crimson scored tight goals in the second period. Huntington played his fourth and fifth lines.

Three Men in Goal

Huntington used three men at goal Karl Hathaway saved two Melrose attempts in the first period. George Kolovson relieved Hathaway in the second period, saving nine shots, and Dave Wells, who followed him in the third period, saved five.

Doug Manchester, alternating with Marsolais as center, played an excellent game, and scored one goal. Scott Coolidge and Ned Bliss were the wingmen on Manchester's line, while Ted Cooney and Frank Mahoney played on Marsolais' flanks.

The win over Melrose came close to beating the Yardling scoring record of 15 goals, registered Monday against St. Marks. The freshmen won their first game from Malden Catholic, 6 to 1.