Struik Talk Reset as B.U. Progressives Get Administration's Okay

Dirk J. Struik, recently suspended M.I.T. professor, will speak at Boston University Thursday afternoon at 2 p.m. under the auspices of the newly reorganized B.U. Progressive Club.

Struik, whose suspension resulted from charges that he was involved in a conspiracy to overthrow the Commonwealth, was originally scheduled to speak last week on academic freedom, but the meeting was cancelled because the B.U. Progressive Club did not receive recognition as an undergraduate activity.

Struik's talk was cancelled only because the Progressive Club did not receive recognition from the B.U. Executive Committee of the Student Faculty Committee, not, as many metropolitan papers indicated, because B.U. officials disapproved of Struik's appearance.

The Progressive Club has since received recognition at the next meeting of the Committee, so the speech was rescheduled for Thursday. The Club grew out of the Students for Wallace organization in 1948, but last year it lost its charter, which necessitated a recharter this fall. It states that its ideology is that "within the history and traditions of the American people lies the potential for peace and democracy."