Sextet Plays BU Tonight

Crimson Needs Upset to Stay in Contention For NCAA Eastern League Championship

Unless the varsity hockey team can upset Boston University tonight in its 9 p.m. game at the Arena, it can pretty well consider itself out of contention in the race for the choice as the Eastern representative to the N.C.A.A. championships.

The outlook for tonight is not so bright. Crimson defenseman Bill Bliss received a deep skate cut on the instep of his foot yesterday in practice, and is in Stillman Infirmary. George Chase will dress in his place. On the other hand, B.U. will get back the services of its firststring defense, Joe Czarnota and Joe Folino, both of whom have been out of action for the last four Terrior games. Czarnota, who pulled a ligament against Brown, is one of the best defensemen in the East.

The Terriers have already beaten the Crimson, 6 to 2, in December, and have gone on to compile a season's record of 9 and 4. Their last game was a 7 to 0 victory over Dartmouth on Thursday, and the Indians defeated Harvard, 5 to 1, on Saturday, for the Crimson's third straight loss.

B.U. coach Harry Cleverly said that the Terriers really hit their stride in the Dartmouth game, played in Hanover, whereas the Crimson looked tired and listless in defeat against the same team two days later. The Indians, bouncing back hard from the B.U. defeat, held Welland's boys scoreless until the last 30 seconds of the game.

The opposing centers, Terrier Jack Garrity and Joe Kittredge, are the two leading scorers in the East, and will meet for the second time. Garrity scored three points against the Crimson in the first game, with Kittredge getting none; Cleverly says he "wouldn't trade Garrity for ten other guys."

Other than the addition of Chase, the Crimson lineups will be the same, with Duke Sedgwick moving up into Bliss's regular slot with Jim O'Brien, and Chase the fifth defenseman.

Probable starting lineups:

Harvard--Corning, g; Burke, ld; Wykoff, rd; Kittredge, c; Preston, lw; Marshall, rw.

Boston University--Bradley, g; Czarnota, rd; Foline, ld; Garrity, c; Martin, rw; Kelley, lw.