Yard Skaters Blank NH, 7-0

A half-frozen Yardling hockey team with a last minute change in its lineup romped, 7 to 0, over the University of New Hampshire yesterday afternoon at Durham. Dick Clasby took scoring honors with four goals.

Clasby centered the first line with wings Captain Norm Wood and Fred Horween, who took over Jim Colt's slot at right wing. Job Bray scored the first Crimson goal when he carried the puck over the blue line to tally early in the opening period.

Clasby racked up the second marker on a solo shot a few minutes later. Colt broke into the scoring column during a scramble in front of the Wildcat cage, and Clasby ended the period when he again scored unassisted.

With 28 seconds gone in the second period, Clasby recovered an intercepted Crimson pass and registered his third goal of the afternoon. Horween countered a few minutes later, but the score was nullified because Wood's stick was in the crease.

In the last period, Jeff Coolidge shot from the blue line, and Wood, from about three feet to the right of the Wildcat cage, slapped the rebound between the goalie and the right post. With five minutes to go Clasby got off an ice-hugging shot that slipped between the goaltender's legs.

Now Hampshire took only six shots, Johnny Marshall, George Anderson, and Dick Driscoll each making two saves.

The freshmen play their next game at Exeter tomorrow and will one again be favored to win.