Halved Track Squad Goes to ICAAAA Meet

Some of the stiffest track competition in the East will be waiting for Jaakko Mikkola's men when they arrive in Philadelphia for the 75th IC4A meet today. A record of 55 colleges have entered the Diamond Jubilee of this annual event.

Cornell, Manhattan, and Seton Hall are the main contenders for the team title, won last year by Yale. In addition, 16 individual cups are listed for outstanding men in their events.

Mikkola's entries have been cut in half, as ten squad members must remain in Cambridge for the draft test tomorrow. Weight competitors will have trials this afternoon. Fred Ravreby, Crimson javelin entry, will let his mark today stand while he returns for the exam.

Discus thrower Al Wilson can be expected to place in his event. He usually passes the 160 mark, and should have trouble only with Marquette's John Vishnevsky, another 160 man.

Less of the mile relay team, halfmiler Ron Berman, 440 man Ed Grutzner, and hurdler Charlie Durakis has seriously hurt the Crimson's chances for any team honors.

Record should be broken by Seton Hall's Andy Stanfield in the 100-yard dash. Stanfield was last year's winner and set the record in the 220 at 20.6 seconds in 1949. Another event to watch will be the 440-yard run, with Charles Moore of Cornell its leading entry.