Two Burglars Ransack Leverett; Student Gives Police Description

Thieves returned to the College yesterday morning and flecced rooms in Dunster and Leverett, but not before one student had gotten a good look at them.

William C. Duval '53 told Cambridge police-that the burglars were two men, about 30 years old--a clean-cut man about 5-foot-9 and a 6-foot thug. Presumably they are the same pair that milked Lowell House of $500 on Tuesday.

In last night's sortie, the thieves took about $100 of cash and valuables from Leverett G and H entries and from one room in Dunster House. In Leverett, they stole a pack of cigarettes and left the $10 lighter next to it; they also cleaned a wallet of a Peruvian five-sol bill--worth 30 cents.

Their prowling waked Duval at 4 a.m., in Leverett G-14. He followed them over to H-entry and found a large camera lying in the hallway. The thieves presumably left it there while they worked through other rooms.

Duval saw the pair as they left Hentry, but did not try to stop them.

Cambridge police, who are working on the case with Yard cops, sent three detectives to Leverett yesterday afternoon to get descriptions from Duval. They speculated that stolen watches and other valuables might turn up in local pawn shops in the next few days.

Boston and Cambridge detectives make routine checks of all pawn shops.