Honor Degree Holders Address Alumni Today

Speeches by President Conant, Roy E. Larsen '21, president of the Alumni Association, and three of the honorary degree winners will end three days of alumni activities this afternoon.

Although the University traditionally keeps the names of those honorary winners giving addresses secret, it is likely that Charles E. Wilson, Director of Defense Mobilization, and Warren R. Austin, chief U.S. delegate to the United Nations, will speak. The third speaker is still unknown.

The speeches will come after an alumni luncheon in the Yard. At 1:45 p.m. a procession of alumni, headed by Joseph W. Lund, Chief Marshal of Alumni, will pass in front of dignitaries assembled on the front steps of Widener Library and take seats in Tercententry Theatre.

Massachusetts Governor Paul A. Dever will bring the greetings of the Commonwealth, and President Conant will deliver his annual report to University alumni.

The chief addresses will be made by the three honorary degree recipients. Later, Larsen will announce the results of the election of the directors of the Alumni Association, members of the Board of Overseers, and members of the Fund Council.