Rooters for Crimson To Descend on IAB

Another torchless rally will touch off the second football weekend of 1951 tonight. Since 1949 police have banned the use of firebrands at the parades.

Crimson rooters will assemble in front of University Hall at 7:30 p.m. The band will then march into the Yard and lead the way along the traditional route to the Indoor Athletic Building. Tom Bolles, Director of Athletics, and football captain Carroll Lowenstein will speak from the steps of the I.A.B.

Tonight's route will be the game as last year's, according to head cheerleader David Cabot '53. It will carry the crowd out of the Yard and down Holyoke Street, up Mt. Auburn and down DeWolfe Street to the Houses. The march will then go up Mill Street between Winthrop and Lowell, past the Winthrop-Kirkland-Eliot triangle and around the corner to the I.A.B.

The rally must be held at the I.A.B. since, under current University rules, rallies may be held in the Yard only for home Yale games.

Cabot also announced that he has selected only some of this fall's cheer-leaders and that there is a great need for tumblers.