Financial Aid Requests Due By Tomorrow

1150 Applicants Are Expected; Personal Interviews Planned To Evaluate Student Needs

Scholarship applications for 1952-53 will not be accepted after tomorrow, John U. Monro '34, Director of Financial Aid, told the CRIMSON yesterday.

One thousand and fifty application blanks for Regular College Scholarships have been received so far. It is estimated that the total number of applications will be between 1,100 and 1,150, approximately 100 more than last year. Late applications will be accepted only if there is a good excuse.

Every applicant, between the beginning of next term and the final examinations in June will have a personal interview with Monro or one of his assistants. Richard G. King and Richard H. Russell '43. This is a new approach in trying to evaluate the students' needs. Monro declared Previously, financial aid was given on the basis of the financial banks alone.

The Financial Office plans to go over the results of the applications and interviews with the Office of Student Employment so that they will have more information when giving the students jobs for next year Before the interview. Monro will speak to the Employment Office to see what kind of work the student has been doing, and to find out how well he has been doing it. After the interview, Monro will give the Employment Office a report on what the student's needs are for next year.