Ivy Films Plans First Showing of College Newsreel

Ivy Films yesterday announced it will show the first part of its newsreel on the college year Tuesday in New Lecture Hall. The newsreel will run before the regularly scheduled showing of "Moby Dick."

Ivy Films members have been at work on the newsreel since the opening of school. The section to be shown Tuesday will include shots of the college registration, freshman registration at Redcliffe, the orientation dance, and the coronation of Miss Radcliffe. The film will run about seven minutes.

Second Film in Preparation

Over 1500 feet of film has been shot for a second production--"Invitation to Adams House." The 15 minute movie is intended to acquaint freshmen with Adams House and its facilities. Leroy Huntington, director of the exhibiting agency of Ivy Films, estimated last night that the actual filming should be completed by mid-October. Editing processes, sound, and music, however, will delay completion until the end of November.

The State Department has indicated an interest in the Adams House film for showings to European students, but final negotiations have not been completed with the proper State Department authorities.