Sheats, Alexander, Baum Gain Council Re-election

Herrey, Popell Win; '55 Chooses Bicks

Sophomores and juniors yesterday elected three incumbents and three newcomers to the Student Council as class representatives. About 65 percent of the combined '54, '55 total voted.

Council Secretary Paul D. Sheats of Eliot House and Washington, D.C., topped the two other juniors in the preferential voting. Sheats is on the track team and captained the '54 team in his freshman year.

Popell Second

Trailing Sheats came varsity end F. Harvey Popell of Winthrop House and Brookline, Mass. Anthony L. J. Herrey of Lowell House and Fiushing, Long Island filled out the slate. Herrey has previously served on the International Affairs Committee of the Council, and attended the National Students Association Congress as a Harvard representative.

Both incumbents from the sophomore class, elected as freshman representatives last year, gained re-election. They are Clifford L. Alexander, Jr. of Lowell House and New York City and George F. Baum, Jr. of Dunster House and Corsicans, Taxes.

Alexander served on the Union Committee last year, as did Baum. The latter also chaired the Jubilee Committee during his freshman year.

Bicks Gain Post

The third sophomore elected, and sitting on the Council for the first time, is David P. Bicks of Dunster House and New York City. He has played football on last year's. Yardling team, and for Dunster in the House league the siyear.

Nine juniors and six sophomores ran for election in yesterday's balloting. Dudley began voting on Thursday at noon, and continued yesterday. The seven other Houses voted yesterday at noon and at supper in the dining halls.