Crimson Runners Defeat Terriers; Frosh Win 68-41

The slightly favored Crimson track team routed the below par Boston University squad, 83 to 26, at Briggs Cage Saturday afternoon. This was the varsity's second successive win in the new season.

To run up their high score, the varsity trackmen upset several Terrier stars. Hubie Maguire and Dave Ingle both outran Terrier John Kelley in the mile.

Jack Richards edged out B.U.'s Jim Cameron by six inches in the 1,000 after they raced neck-and-neck for a quarter of a mile. Hal Gerry won the two-mile though illness had prevented him from running the previous week.

High point man for the varsity was Bob Mello who captured firsts in the broad jump and pole vault.

Coach Al Wilson's Yardling's also downed the Terriers freshman team in a surprising show of strength against a team that failed to live up to pre-season predictions.

An outstanding performance for the freshmen was turned in by Al Wills who ran a 4:36 mile and then went on to win the two-mile event. Dave Alpers in the 1,000 and Tom gates in the 40-yard dash ran good races to win these events.