Airplanes Should Fly on Schedule, Says Logan Field

Vacationing students will probably have no weather troubles traveling home over the weekend, the Weather Bureau and Logan Airport officials announced last night.

A spokesman for the Airport reported that all flights will probably go on as scheduled, while the Weather Bureau said it expected no heavy precipitation over the weekend.

But, the Airport official added, there is little hope for last minute reservations. All flights are currently filled, with waiting lists for cancelled reservations already very long. Some flights have been filled for over two weeks.

Most pullman trains to the West and Mid-West were also reported full, but South Station officials said that extra cars may be added to several trains to accommodate the overflow. At present, however, the New England States to Chicago, the Wolverine to Detroit, and the Colonial and Patriot to Washington are completely reserved.

The New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad will run 16 extra coaches a day on the Boston to New York run over the weekend, with no reservations needed.