Underdog Varsity Faces Brown Six At Arena Tonight

The varsity sextet got a lot of bad hockey out of its system Monday night against B.U., so maybe tonight when it takes on Brown at the Arena, it will be capable of putting on a good showing. The Bruins, with an 11-4-1 record, are heavily favored in this, the first of four consecutive Pentagonal League games for Harvard. Game time is 7:00, and the Crimson starting lineup will be the same as against the Terriers.

Brown soundly defeated the Crimson, 7 to 3, two weeks ago at Providence, and since then has beaten Dartmouth twice, Princeton, and Northeastern, while losing to B.C. After Harvard's showing in Monday's 14 to 3 shellacking by the Terriers, the Crimson chances look very slim, especially against a team whose first line (Bobby Wheeler, Don Sennott, and Al Gubbins) has racked up 54 goals and 61 assists in 16 games.

In Monday's game the team lacked coordination on the attack, and seemed very slow to back-check on defense. Harvard has shown against B.C., Northeastern, Princeton, and Dartmouth that it is, however, capable of playing good hockey, tonight may be the time that this good hockey breaks out.