Leverett Crushes Dudley in Two Contests; Winthrop Tops Adams

Leverett's rampaging Bunnies took their third straight win in two sports yesterday to point up their concentrated bid for the Straus trophy. Hurler Scott Richeton pitched himself to a 6 to 0 three hitter over Dudley, while collecting two hits. The offense was sparked by right fielder Ted Sexton's three run double in the last inning to cinch the victory.

In softball, the Hutchsters were never headed as they topped the Commuters, 3 to 2. behind the flawless pitching of Lew Chizer. Shortstop Dick Myers was tops at the plate, hitting four for four.

Winthrop smashed Adams, 9 to 2, in the other softball till as Dick Heidtmann turned in a five hit pitching performance for the Puritans. He was aided by the hitting of Art Siegel and Irv Grossman, who picked up two spares apiece to lead the winning attack.

The other baseball game was won by Dunster, trouncing a weak Lowell squad, 6 to 2. The Funsters came from behind in the sixth inning and put together the necessary hits for the win. Pitcher Ron Peyton relieved Nat Harris, who went on to win the game.