New Parking Lot Will Open in May; To Hold 130 Cars

Students' parking problems will be somewhat alleviated next year. A new parking area is scheduled for completion early in May, Charles C. Pyne, Assistant to the Administrative Vice-President, announced yesterday.

Under construction behind Andover Hall, where the temporary Veterans housing was torn down last summer, the new parking space will provide room for 130 cars. Approximately 80 places will be available to students. This is the sixth and largest parking lot in the University, excluding the area at the Business School, and will occupy half of the vacant area at the Divinity School.

The University is also making its general spring clean-up of the campus, Irving B. Parkhurst, Director of Buildings and Grounds, declared. Biggest project underway is the landscaping of the areas around the two new buildings, Allston Burr Lecture Hall and Gordon McKay Applied Science Laboratories.

The grass-planting and grading will be' done primarily by maintenance men, but a few gardeners will be hired to assist. Other projects of the Buildings and Grounds Department include patching the paved paths in the Yard, and general touching up of worn areas.

As in other University owned lots, registration with the University police department is necessary.