Baseball, Track Teams Meet Elis, Green Away; Tennis Here

Injury-Weakened Runners Face Close Mee Lack Barwise, Durakis; Yardlings Favored

By George S. Abrams

In recent years the Crimson track team has had a fair amount of success against Dartmouth opponents; however, the Big Green has high hopes up- setting the varsity today at Hanover. The freshmen expect a good deal less opposition from the Green Cubs.

Injuries have considerably weakened the Crimson. High jumper Dick Barwise and hurdler Charlie Durakis won't make the trip to Dartmouth while it is questionable whether Captain Bill Geick will be able to compete.

The Green has enough top flight stars to insure a close meet. Pete McCreary is one the best hurdlers in the country, while Al Reich is capable of over 200 feet in the javelin. Dick Collins in the sprints, Sam Daniel and Stan Smiley in the distances, and Gary McKee, Nels Ehin, ger, and Al Jackson in the field events will undoubtedly be able to add considerably to the Dartmouth point total.

One of the best races of the day likely to be the 880, in which Ronnie Berman will be a slight favorite to defeat Daniel. Smiley will have Dave Cairns to contend with in the mile and Dave Gregory in the two mile.

Hopes on Twitchell

Much of the Crimson's hopes will depend upon Bob Twitchell, who may run in four events. Twitchell will definite run in both sprints and probably the low hurdles. In the event the meet is close, be may decide to enter the high hurdles as well.

Today's meet is the varsity's last before Yale.

The Yardlings will be heavy favorite in the accompaying meet. Dudley Uphoff probably still won't be able to compete, but Bob Rittenberg, Alan Howe, Paul Grand, Dave Ingle, Bill Chrisman, Lee Hurd and company should pile up sufficient points to insure the Yardling fourth straight win.

Varsity and freshman track men not making the Dartmouth trip will take on the Andover track team this afternoon in the Stadium. Andover has already been defeated by the Yardling team, 76 to 51.