Girl Polls 'Cliffe; Asks Backing for Growth of WHRB

Forty-eight 'Cliffedwellers signed a petition over the weekend, asking to have a WHRB transmitter installed at Radcliffe.

The petition was circulated through the seven 'Cliffe dormitories by Dorothy K. Billing '55, sister of WHRB president Thomas N. Billings '52.

Billings, however, last night stated that the Harvard station had nothing to do with the petition. Its position after the recent council tabling of its motion to have a transmitter installed was one of "watching and waiting," he said.

The Radcliffe petition was circulated in an attempt to get the council to reopen the transmitter issue immediately.

WHRB had previously asked Dean Mary Small to permit the installation of a transmitter. Miss Small refused, saying she could not institute such a change in Radcliffe policy without an appeal from the student body.

WHRB asked permission to poll Rodcliffe in its recent letter to the 'Cliffe Council. When the Council tabled the transmitter question, it automatically also shelved the poll request.