Felt Gets Post of Assistant To Bolles; Former Oarsman

An unpublicized but vital gap in the Athletic Association hierarchy closed Tuesday with the announcement that Donald M. Felt '49 had been appointed Assistant Director of Athletics.

The post has been vacant since the war, and as a result administrative and fiscal work has piled up on Carroll F. Getchell, Business Manager of the H.A.A.

"Felt will, therefore, do a lot of work with Mr. Getchell," Thomas D. Bolles, Director of Athletics, said yesterday.

Bolles called the new post "developmental," with the duties not exactly fixed.

"We'll see as we go along where Felt can be used most advantageously," he said.

But as Felt is a graduate of the Business School, it seems probable that his job will be more concerned with the administrative as opposed to the competitive side of the local athletic picture.

Felt is no stranger to college athletics or to Bolles himself. He rowed in the number four position on the varsity crews of 1947, 1948, and 1949--years when Bolles was head crew coach.

Currently the manager of a small business in Lyan, the Cambridge resident has kept in touch with rowing as a member of the Union Boat Club eight, which competes with informal University and M.I.T. crews.

He does not think, however, that his new job will have much to do-directly-with Crimson oarsmen.

They have very capable coaches on the job already," he said.