Extra Half Hour Given for Home Football Evenings

Saturday night parietal hours will run to 8:30 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. after all home football games, Elliott Perkins '23, master of Lowell House, announced last night.

Perkins said the extension, unanimously adopted at the Housemasters meeting on Wednesday night, was made because of a dissatisfaction among both students and Housemasters with the half-hour lag between the old 8 p.m. deadline and the start of football dances.

At the Wednesday night meeting, Assistant Dean Robert Watson presented the Housemasters with an appeal for the half-hour extension made to him early last week by Student Council President Paul Sheats '54. Sheats last night said the appeal was made because a number of Council members had noted crowds of students and their dates wandering around the streets between 8 and 8:30 p.m. after both the Ohio and Colgate games.

Keep Students Off Streets

Perkins said he and a number of other Housemasters had also noted the problem. "I saw nearly 100 couples in the Lowell House courtyard at about 8:15 last Saturday, waiting for the dance to begin. It was nice weather, so there was no problem. But there would have been a problem if the weather had not been so. But the weather won't always be so nice, so we all felt that it would be best to allow the students this extra half hour so that they wouldn't be walking around in the streets for a half hour."

The Housemasters also ruled that no House dance should start after 8:30 p.m. during the football season.