Saturday Evening Post to Examine Harvard-'Cliffe Inter-Relationships

Pulitzer Prize biographer Henry Pringle arrived in Cambridge yesterday with his wife to gather information for a Saturday Evening Post story on Harvard and Radcliffe.

Mr. and Mrs. Pringle have talked with President Pusey, football coach Llyod P. Jordan, and members of the faculty any student body. In addition, they have done much research on Harvard and Radcliffe especially on the early history of the Annex.

Their major concern is the Harvard Radcliffe relationship. With this in mind they have attended lectures, sections, and both separate and joint tutorial meetings. The Pringles are attempting an analysis of the education of men and women together and separately. They feel that Harvard and the Cliffe "combine the best features" of both types of institutions.

Actually, the Pringles aren't sure just how their story will be angled. "These things are hard to determine while you're still gathering information," Pringle said.

Though the Pringles don't know when their story will run, they expect that it will reach print before June. They plan to leave Cambridge tomorrow.

Pringle won the Pulitzer Prize in 1929 for his biography of Theodore Roosevelt, and he also wrote a profile of William Howard Taft in 1939. Since 1940 he and his wife, a former Time-Life-Fortune write, have been working together as a free-lance team.

While their stay here is brief, it is intensive. Last night Mr. Pringle stopped long enough to comment about Harvard and Radcliffe: "We think they're both fine institutions. That's not just to be polite--we really mean it."