B-School Approves Lounge Rule Change

Meetings between Business School students and administration officials late last week may result in a complete reorganization of the school's social set-up, including a change in parietal rules.

Some of the re-organization has already been effected. Each old and new section has been assigned to a specific dormitory for its social functions.

Under present rules, men may entertain women guests in the lounges between 5 and 7 p.m. on weekdays and to 11 p.m. on weekends. But faculty and student committees are now meeting to decide if the lounge rules may be extended to 11 p.m. everyday and to midnight on weekends. Women may remain in students rooms only until 7.30 p.m. on weekdays, but-till 12.30 a.m., on weekends.

Assistant Dean Thomas A. Graves said last night that there are no serious faculty objections to the parietal rules extension for the lounges. "No action has been taken yet simply because the student and faculty committees have not met together enough," he said.

"The students feel that if they could bring dates in to watch television, they could have a convenient and inexpensive means of entertaining them," Graves continued.