Liquor Hunting College Men Break Into Advocate, Bat Club Saturday

Several students in search of beer broke down the doors of the Advocate, and the Bat Club over the weekend, Advocate president Samuel D. Stewart '54 reported yesterday. Considerable damage was done to the interiors of both organizations.

Stewart said that the burglars took five pictures and a hammer from the Advocate. With the hammer they went up a fight in the 40 Bow St. building to splinter the door of the Bat Club.

The only person who saw the students, and is certain they are from the University, is Harry M. Johnson, the occupant of the fourth floor flat over the Bat Club.

According to Johnson, the boys were "typical club men." One of them was drunk and all of them had been drinking, he said.

Owner of the Bow St. building Benny Jacobson had three detectives working on the case yesterday.

After Johnson refused them the beer, the boys went back down two flights, and began pounding on the Advocate's door.

Johnson says he is almost positive the burglars were from Harvard. "They were all 21 or 22. One even had on a brown golfing cap."