Newshounds Find Crime Does Pay At Radcliffe-Harvard Spring Comp

Once upon a time there were two confused freshmen named Lemnel Q. Fresh and Louella Q. Fresh. They were twin brother and sister, and often forgot which was which. One day, when they were looking for Mallinckrodt, they both wandered into a little brick building at 14 Plympton St. They never got mixed up again.

For L. Q. Fresh and L. Q. Fresh had walked in on a CRIMSON competition After a few beers (free, of course), they discovered that they could exercise their talents in any one of a number of ways: writing news copy for the news board editorials and reviews for the editorial board, gathering inches of advertisements for the business board or taking pictures for the photo board.

They grew to know the campus. They interviewed professors with controversial views and coaches with controversial teams. They got free tickets to lectures and sporting events, where they had new exciting intellectual experiences. After a month of the CRIMSON they both received A's on their Gen Ed papers and by mentioning their section man in several stories they picked up A's in Chem 2.

What the fates bestowed upon the Fresh twins lies within your glasp. The CRIMSON spring competition for Harvard and Radcliffe freshmen, sophomores and juniors opens Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in the CRIME building at 14 Plympton St.