Crimson Rated Slight Favorite in Regatta Against M.I.T., Brown

Crimson sailors are rated a slight favorite in the second annual M.I.T. Quadrangular to be held on the Charles River Basin this afternoon.

Brown, M.I.T., and Rhode Island will oppose the locals. Harvard boats will clash with M.I.T.'s top skipper, Ted Garcia, last week's McMillan Cup winner.

Charles Hoppin and James Nathanson will skipper the Crimson team in a race which Harvard has yet to win. The Coast Guard won the Sharpe Trophy last year.

The Crimson will also compete for the Luclen Sharpe Memorial Trophy at Brown tomorrow afternoon. M.I.T., Princeton, Rhode Island, and Yale will round out the field of six.

The freshman team will compete this afternoon with Boston College, Rhode Island, and Trinity in an 11-team regatta of the Schools Sailing Club at Wakefield.

The varsity sailing team placed second in the McMillan Cup Regatta over spring vacation. The first boat was skippered by Dave Cabot, piling up an 18 point total, 3 1/4 points less than winning M.I.T.