Overseers Go; No President Choice Made

The Overseers filed out of University Hall yesterday and headed back to various sections of the country. Nary a word was mentioned about the next president of the University, and speculation immediately began that no decision might be forthcoming until as late as September.

The Corporation did not meet yesterday, and hence none of the complicated apparatus for choosing a new president could have been put in motion. This means that, unless a special meeting of the Overseers is called, the next opportunity the Corporation will have for naming a new president will be June 11, just before Commencement exercises.

Possible Deadlock

The long delay in picking a president has led to speculation that a deadlock may exist among the Corporation. But nothing has leaked from the six-man group thus far, and there is no indication that any positive information will come until the Corporation makes its choice and issues a release.

It is known that the Overseers where never once given any indication of the progress in the choice of the new head. There was, however, considerable discussion Monday night and yesterday concerning the problems raised by Congressional investigations into the University. At once point at the combined Eliot Dinner Monday night, all people not connected with either of the two governing bodies were asked to leave the room while the investigations were discussed.