'53 Class Day Exercises Begin at 3 p.m. in Yard

Seniors Will Assemble Before Widener for March into Quad

Graduating seniors will file into Sever Quadrangle at 3 p.m. today for the traditional Class Day exercises.

The Class of 1953, in caps and gowns, will assemble in front of the Widener Library steps before 3, and then march in double line into the Quad.

First Marshal Walter F. Greeley will lead the procession, while Second Marshal Richard E. Johnson, Third Marshal James M. Storoy and the Harvard Band will also be at the head of the line,

After the class is seated, Williard L. Sperry, retiring Dean of the Divinity School, will open the program with a prayer. Following that, Donald O. Stewart will deliver the class oration. Charles E. Neuhauser will read the class poem, and F James O'Neil will give the Ivy Oration, traditionally a humorous speech about the class.

Cabot Welcomes Seniors

Charles C. Cabot '22, president of the Alumni Association, will welcome the seniors into the Alumni Association, while Charles C. Lund '16, representing the Associated Harvard Clubs, will also make an address.

Afterwards, W. Bliss Carnochan will read the class ode, and class chorister Daniel S. Neale will load the seniors in singing the ode. Dean Sperry will close the ceremonies with a benediction.

Sunday, the class participated in the Baccalaureate service, with John H. Finley, master of Eliot House, delivering the sermon. Last night it held the Senior Spread in the Eliot House Senior courtyard, with music by Woody Herman. Later tonight the class will board the "Boston Belle," and take a ride around Boston Harbor. Music on board will be by Sammy Eisen.

Navy Commissions Today

Tomorrow at 11 the Navy will commission its officers in the Paine Music Hall, end later that day the class will march to the Yale baseball game at Soldiers Field. There is a buffet supper in the Eliot courtyard that night, and the Harvard Band and Glee Club will serenade at the Tercentenary Theatre at 8:15. Seniors and Alumni will hole an informal dance in the Eliot courtyard at 10 p.m.