Pusey Dedicates McKay Lab Today In Noon Program

President Nathan M. Pusey will dedicate the new Gordon McKay Laboratory of Applied Science after a short ceremony at noon today. The modern building with the plate glass east and west sides houses research in electronics, the properties of matter, and mechanical and electrical engineering.

Exercises will open with a convocation in adjacent Peirce Hall, with Professor John H. Van Vleck Dean of Applied Science, presiding. Remarks by James R. Killian, president of M.I.T., will close the ceremony.

Other speakers at Peirce will be Howard W. Emmons, Gordon McKay Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Harvey Brooks and Ronald W. P. King, Gordon McKay Professors of Applied Physics; Albert Haertlein, associate dean of Applied Science; and Lucien Wulsin, who will offer the greetings of the Visiting Committee and alumni.

Shortly after noon the formal dedication will take place in the foyer of the new laboratory. William M. Hickey will speak for the Harvard Engineering Society, of which he is president, and Gordon M. Fair, Gordon McKay Professor of Sanitary Engineering and Master of Dunster House, will sketch McKay's life.