Eight Debaters Will Receive Medals For Yale and Princeton Competition

Eight College debaters Friday will receive medals for participation in the annual triangular debate with Yale and Princeton, Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, associate professor of Public Speaking and debate council adviser, announced last night.

The medal presentations, revived after a 20-year lapse, have been made possible this year by the family of Mrs. Minna B. Wolff.

Six gold medals will go to participants and two silver awards will be given alternates, at the Debate Council office.

Yale, Princeton Winners

Yale Debate, medal winners are John A. Miskimen '54 of Seattle, Edward M. Ginsburg '55 of Newton Center, and Richard S. Stewart '54 of Weston, Mass.

Awards for participation against Princeton will be given Richard A. Levin '54 of East Orange, N. J. William J. Foote '55 of Aurora, III., and Verne W. Vanco '54 of Omaha, Neb.

Silver medals will go to alternates cliff F. Thompson '56 of Fairway, Kanasa, and Richard M. Stenson '56 of Sioux Falls, S.D.

Levin and Foote earlier divided the Coolidge Debating Prize, as the two best speakers in the trial debates for the triangular debates.

The Wolff family has also given the debate council an outright gift of $400 for current use, Packard added.