Soccer Squad to Meet Ephs Today

A disappointed Crimson soccer team will try to regain its winning form against an undefeated Williams eleven this afternoon at 2 p.m. on the Business School Field. Suffering a let-down from Wednesday's overtime loss to Trinity, the first team was outscored, 4 to 1, in a scrimmage Thursday. The squad did not practice yesterday.

Up to now the physical condition of his forward line has been Coach Bruce Munro's major worry, but today he faces a greater problem. He is almost certain to send his team onto the field without his ace goalie, Lindsay Fischer, who suffered a twisted knee in the Trinity game.

Munro blamed "negligent" officiating for the injury to the bespectacled goal-tender, who suffered it when charged by Trinity forwards. Elliott Finkelstein will replace Fischer in front of the nets.

The Ephmen from Williamstown sport a record of two straight wins. Their victories came over UMass, 4 to 1, and Brown, 4 to 0. Neither of those teams is highly regarded, but the wins were sound ones for a team the Crimson edged only 3 to 2 last year.

Possessors of a varied attack, the Ephmen do best when they employ a short passing game, also the Crimson's forte. The key man in the Williams attack is outside Tom Lincoln, an All-New England choice last season.