On the Town

There will be many dances at both fraternities and at Colleges for students and their dates from both Yale and Harvard, but there are also several good plays and motion pictures being offered in New Haven.

The Yale Dramat is presenting three one-act plays tonight at 8:30. The plays are by Wilder, Maeterlinck, and Gogol.

The Wilder sketch, starring Mimi Bowen, is a character study of a mother who is completely devoted to her family. Maeterlinck's play is a satire which features Steve Mandel as Achilles. Gogol's "Gambler," oddly enough, is about a tale spun by a master card shark.

At Shubert, Ralph Meeker and Polly Bergen are starring in a new play, "The Top Man" by Albert Halper. Curtain time is at 8:30.

The Crown Theatre is presenting a double feature of "The Bridges At Toko-Ri" and "Doctor in the House." The Poli has "The View from Pompey's Head" and "They Who Dare." The Paramount is showing a re-release of "Unconquered," starring Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard. Mickey Rooney's "Twinkle in God's Eye" is on the same program. The College is showing Robert Taylor in "Quentin Durward," as well as Walt Disney's "Stormy."