Squash Squad Plays Today

Varsity Coach Jack Barnaby yesterday refused to predict possibilities of an undefeated season for the squash team. "We have to play our opponents one at a time," he said.

But Barnaby added that the Crimson would be "the definite favorite" over Wesleyan today. "We don't expect the Cardinals to have the depth necessary to cope with the Crimson's well balanced squad," he said. Barnaby especially doubted that Wesleyan had the power to stop the team's top three men, Ben Heckscher, Captain Pete Milton, and Cal Place.

The five first-stringers who play the weekday "A" League matches in the Boston Squash League plus the next four men on the varsity ladder will make up the squad in the same order as in the Navy match last Saturday.

The freshmen will use the same arrangement, with the five "B" League players combining with the next four on the Yardling ladder in the Wesleyan match.

Barnaby said that he was expecting little trouble from Wesleyan after the team's recent win over Navy. The Middies are a perennial squash power in the East ranking second only to Princeton last year, and their heavy smash games were expected to give the varsity "a lot of trouble." The Crimson had been improving steadily and reached both a physical and mental peak for the match.

The middle three men were especially praised by Barnaby for their fighting spirit in defeat. "Their losses were caused largely by lack of match experience, which forced them to play Navy's game," the Coach said.