Varsity Squash Tops McGill For Third Straight Win, 9-0

The varsity squash team ran through McGill University, 9 to 0, Saturday at Hemenway Gymnasium, with the loss of only three games out of all the matches.

Ben Heckscher and Captain Pete Milton won with surprising case at the first and second positions respectively. McGill was expected to be especially tough at these spots, but both Crimson players took 3 to 0 decisions.

Heckscher was slightly off his game, but his crushing smash service and soft corner shots were too much for Tony LaFleur. Heckscher actually hit his opponent several times with his bullet-like serve and often caught him flat-footed with his deft corners, winning 15-9, 15-12, and 18-16.

Milton had an easier time in boating Tim Wagg, 15-9, 15-7, and 15-9. His accurate cross-courts and wall shots completely fooled Wagg, who had neither the consistency nor control to handle Milton's experienced game.

The only match which went the limit of five games was won by Frank Bacon, who rallied from a three-all score in the fifth game to win, 18-17, 11-15, 15-11, 13-15, and 15-7.