Varsity to Oppose League Leading Penn Quintet in Philadelphia Game

The Crimson's basketball tea, appearing now as one of the spoiler teams in the Ivy League, left Cambridge this morning for a two game road series against league-leading Penn tonight and second-place Columbia tomorrow night.

Coach Floyd Wilson will start the same quintet tonight which upset Princeton last Saturday. The Crimson plays in the second game of a double header in Philadelphia's Palestra. President Pusey, in the city for a speaking engagement, is expected to attend.

Previous Loss to Penn

The two 6-4 sophomores, Ike Canty and Phil Haughey, who scored 20 and 10 points respectively against Princeton, will team with 6-4 Dick Manning, Captain Roger Bulger, and sophomore Bob (BB) Barnett.

In the varsity's first game against Penn this season, 6-5 Bart Leach's jump shot with four seconds to play gave the Quakers a 54-52 win. Leach that night had 28 points, but his high-scoring teammate, Joe Sturgis, was limited to four.

Columbia, led by the amazing 5-9 Chet Forte, defeated the Crimson two weeks ago, 76-71. Forte had 33 points, while Canty had 21 and Haughey 20.