'Whisper' Magazine Says Most Wires Think Their Harvard Husbands Are 'Lousy Lovers'

"Harvard Men Are Lousy Lovers," is the two-page headline over an article by an anonymous "Harvard Wife" in the latest issue of "Whisper" magazine.

The red-bordered expose is accompanied by a photograph of the results of a poll given to the wives of 365 Harvard graduates of the Class of 1929 during their 25th reunion ceremonies last June. In contradiction to the author's conclusions, 31 percent of the wives said "yes" to the question, "Do you consider your husband completely satisfactory as a lover?"

The writer rejects this figure, saying only 19 percent of the ladies were "completely candid."

Of the women polled, only nine percent said they married their husband for his Harvard education, while 61 percent said they were won by his personality. A total of 95 percent said they were "contented."

The writer describes her husband as a "typical Hahvud product." His blood is "True Blue and backed by plenty of Folding Green. His hollow legs are encased in gray flamed and his pink Brooks Brothers shirts match his political opinions."