Grays' 37 Points Lead Yard Swimmers; Leval, Rossiter to Meet in Squash Finals

Grays won the freshman intramural swimming championships last night at the I.A.B. with a 37 point total. Matthews North ran a close second with 34, and Thayer North was third with 15.

In the 50-yard freestyle, Pete Zemo of Matthews North repeated his powerful performance in the qualifying race to win in 25.3 seconds. In other events, Fred Anderson of Thayer North took the 50-yard breaststroke after placing third in the qualifier, and in the 50-yard backstroke, Joshua Green defeated preliminary winner Bob Hultslander in the comparatively slow time of 34.4.

Grays dominated the 100-yard freestyle with Jim Boudreau winning the event in 1.03.3 and Chuck Currier finishing second. In the 200-yard freestyle, Andy Pearson for Thayer Middle was first while the leading qualifier, Anderson, who was obviously tried from the 100 event, dropped to third.

The medley relay went to the Grays trio of Frank Hamm, Jim Scanion and Jan Mares. A Matthews North team anchored by Zemo triumphed in the 200-yard freestyle relay.

The freshman intramural squash tournament comes to a close today as Pierre Leval of Wigglesworth West meets Tom Rossiter of Mower in the finals.