Heckscher Advances In Squash Nationals

Three members of the varsity squash team advanced into the third round of the National Intercollegiate Singles Squash Racquets Championship which began yesterday in Annapolis, Md.

After receiving byes in first round competition, Ben Heckscher, Guy Paschal, and Bob brown earned second round victories.

Heckscher, first man for the Crimson and seeded second in the tournament, disposed of Yale's Bill Mayer, 15-7, 15-12, and 15-11. Drawn out to five games, Paschal defeated Jerry Evens of Princeton in ones of the day's closest matches, 10-15, 15-12, 14-17, and 15-11. Brown scored a decisive three game victory over Williams' Paul Quinn.

Crimson captain Bill Wister defeated Walter stahl of M.I.T. 15-11, 15-12, 14-16, and 17-15 in his first round match, but then lost in straight games to John Bowers, number one at Wesleyan.

Today Brown must face Princeton's first-seeded star, roger Campbell, the defending National Intercollegiate champion.

The tournament, which is run on an individual basis, started with 40 players. Yesterday the draw was narrowed to 16.