Soccer Team Plays Here

The soccer team faces Williams today with a full-strength forward line; injuries which Captain Jim Shue said kept the line from realizing its great scoring potential in the three games so far have cleared up, leaving the team free to break the jinx which has plagued it through ties with Tufts, Cornell, and Amherst.

Left wing John Mudd, inside Tom Bernheim, center John Hedreen, Shue, and left wing Ken Macintosh form a line, Shue said, "which should show the punch it really has against Williams." Reserve insides Bob Magowan and Al Butzel add solid depth to the line, and should play a good part of the game.

Coach Bruce Munro said the Williams squad, while not as skillful as Amherst, would probably show much more drive, looking for a win in what may be a very tight game.

The defense, thus far the strength of the team, enters the game with regulars in sound shape, but lacking reserves, who seem to have melted away with injuries just as the linemen recovered. Halfbacks Marshall Schwarz, Tony Oberschall, and John Felstiner, improving steadily with each game, will lack the aid of reserves Charlie Steele and Pete Erskine, who hobble and cough with an injured ankle and the flu, respectively.

The gold mine find of the fullback combination of Chris Provensen, a starter last year, and Lanny Keyes, up from last year's freshman squad, will stand today without any reserve strength behind them. Goalie Jim Perkins entertains both an injured shoulder and the flu in his room, so the nets will be guarded by sophomore goalie Tom Bagnoli.