America, Britain To Pool Atomic, Rocket Planning

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON, Oct. 24--President Eisenhower and Prime Minister Macmillan called on their top aides today to begin immediate moves to pool British-American atomic and rocket resources for "greater service to the free world."

The two Western leaders took this step at the White House at the midway point in their three-day strategy conference on how to counter Russia's new diplomatic-scientific offensive.

The joint announcement disclosed that two separate high-level committees were named to make recommendations before the day was over on action in these two critical fields.

They are:

1. Nuclear relationship and cooperation.

2. Problems dealing with missiles and rocketry.

U.S. Launches Missile

WASHINGTON, Oct. 24--The United States is hurling aloft a virtual fusillade of mighty missiles and rockets, ranging from a record-shattering shoot into outer space to spectacular destruction by a robot weapon of a target plane a hundred miles away and 60,000 feet high.

In obvious challenge to Russia's claims of leadership in the race of scientists and weaponeers, this country had chalked up by tonight these new achievements:

1. The launching of one, and possibly two research rockets by the Air Force from balloons.

2. The firing of an Air Force Bomarc long-range antiaircraft guided missile yesterday from the Cape Canaveral, Fla., Missile Test Center.