Quintet Faces Wesleyan In Try for Fourth Win

By Fred E. Arnold

The Crimson basketball varsity stands a good chance of extending its string of wins to four tonight, when it faces Wesleyan in defense of its undefeated status.

Tonight's game marks the midpoint of the team's easy-going Christmas, pre-League schedule. The Crimson defeated its first three opponnts decisively, and has yet to play a game in which it failed to lead all the way.

Wesleyan, on the other hand, is the veteran of two very close contests, and should have acquired aggressiveness which can be used to advantage tonight. The visitors defeated Clark by a narrow margin in their opener, and lost to the Coast Guard Academy, 51 to 49, last week.

Although the Crimson has never been forced to use its full potential, it has already indicated that a strong, well-balanced team is in the offing. The nucleus of the squad is expected to include Dick Woolston, senior forward who is captain of the team and high scorer last season, and George Harrington, the 5 ft. 7 in. set shot expert, who led in scoring after he was inserted in the starting lineup last season.

Woolston and Harrington have been solid, impressive performers during the early part of the season and have lived up to expectations. But more important has been the showing made by two players who did not start last season--Bryant Danner and Monk Muncaster.

Danner, the 6 ft. 4 in. center, may well be the key to the squad's performance

Muncaster played well in the varsity's first two games and was little short of spectacular against Middlebury.