Dedham Tigers Edge Junior Varsity, 5-4, Scoring Goal in Final Two Minutes of Play

The Dedham Tigers, otherwise known as the College All-Stars, edged the J.V. hockey team, 5-4, last night at the Watson Rink.

After grabbing an early three-goal advantage in the first two periods, the sextet stood by and watched the Tigers grab the lead in the last stanza. The Crimson came back to tie the game at 4-4, only to have the All-Stars score again in the final two minutes.

Ted Hollander opened the scoring for the J.V.'s after only 30 seconds of play. Two more Crimson goals were added rapidly by Tim Clark and Tom Crowley to give the team its three-goal lead.

Then Dedham rallied for two goals late in the period, the second with one minute left, to narrow the margin.

Dedham tied the game in the second period, as Norm Wood, captain of the Harvard varsity sx in 1954, scored on a solo even though his team was one man short. Wood scored his second goal early in the third period on the same type of play, a solo drive with one man in the penalty box, to put the All-Stars ahead.

Johnny Wylde tied the game for the Crimson on a sharp pass from Hollander. But former Olympian Bruce Mather batted in a rebound with two minutes left to provide the winning margin.