Fencers Favored Over Holy Cross Tonight; Varsity Squash Team Faces Amherst Today

An inexperienced Holy Cross team will probably offer little competition for the Crimson "B" fencing squad tonight at 7:30 in the I.A.B. The Crusaders are fencing intercollegiately for the first time this year.

Coach Edo Marion will start his usual "B" lineup, which has won its last two matches over B.U. and M.I.T. In foil, Manuel Cabral, Bill Bassetti, and Eliot Morrison will fence, with no one in reserve.

In sabre, Mike Woolf, Don Tingle and Peng-Sui Mei will start. Mark Feingold, who has been in and out of the lineup all season, will be in reserve.

Bruce Parker, Dave Schwartz, and Andre Nikitine will fence in epee. Tony Enders, who fenced with the "A" squad over the weekend, will be on deck if trouble develops, but will probably be unused.

In its last match before the all-important Yale contest, the varsity squash team will face a weak Amherst squad this afternoon at 2 p.m. in Hemenway Gymnasium. The varsity will be playing without the services of number three singles player, Larry Sears, who sprained his ankle in the national championships.

The varsity has disposed of all its opposition with great ease--save for Navy and Princeton matches on the team's disastrous trip earlier this month--and should handle Amherst with little difficulty, It will, however, be the varsity's last breather of the year, for the next two weekends will be the roughest ones of the season, with the intercollegiates on March 8-9 being the Crimson's only opportunity to avenge its two previous setbacks.