Dental School Announces Plans For New Postdoctoral Program

To Take Three Years

The School of Dental Medicine will initiate a three-year postdoctoral study program in dental medicine next fall, Dr. Roy O. Greep, dean of the School, announced yesterday. The new program, supported by a five-year Training Grant from the United States Public Health Service, reflects the School's feeling that present internships and research and teaching fellowships--all on a one-year basis--do not fully utilize available facilities.

Recently, graduates of the School have been particularly anxious to pursue further clinical and research work started in undergraduate years, according to affiliated hospital dental clinics. Many Greep. He hopes the new program will also participate in national and intermeet these needs, as well as stimulate national scientific meetings, he said. the teaching capabilities of the participants.

In the fall, five students--all D.M.D.'s from the School--will start the three-year course. They will work under the direction of Dr. Reidar F. Sognnaes, professor of Oral Pathology.

The establishment of the program illustrates the increasingly important role played by graduates of the School since the first class graduated in 1946, Greep said. At present, 20 of them are serving in full-time or part-time teaching capacities within the School and its