British Diplomats Expect Talks, Will Hold Present Berlin Stand; Cubans Invite U.S. Investments

By The ASSOCIATED Press

LONDON--London diplomats predicted Sunday the West will meet the Soviet Union some time this spring for talks on Germany--but will not limit negotiations to Soviet terms.

Moscow's terms were laid down Saturday in notes to 27 nations which participated in the war against Nazi Germany. They called for a conference in Prague or Warsaw within two months to sign a peace treaty that would leave Germany still divided.

As the West sees it, Germany must be united under a freely elected government before a peace treaty is signed.

The Russian draft of a proposed treaty, circulated with Moscow's notes Saturday, provided that the treaty be signed by both East and West Germany. Unification-- if it ever came--would be by negotiation between the two Germanys, rather than through negotiations by outside powers, and would be in the form of a confederation.

Cuba Open to U.S. Capital

HAVANA, Cuba--American investors are invited by a revolutionary government official to bring their capital to Cuba but admonished not to leave their democratic ideals at home.

The U.S. backed multimillion-dollar gambling industry also took fresh hope that the doors to Havana's fabulous casinos might reopen soon.

American Airline Strike Settled

NEW YORK--American Airlines resumed flight operations on a curtailed basis Sunday after settlement of a 22-day strike by its pilots.

American, first in the United States in number of passenger miles flown, estimated its losses during the strike at more than 18 million dollars.

The airline began recalling its 20,000 furloughed workers Friday when it was announced the dispute was settled in principle.