Cuba Renews Military Tribunals, Three U.S. Citizens Face Trial; Red Troops to Stay in Hungary

By The ASSOCIATED Press

PINAR DEL RIO, Cuba, Nov. 30--Cuban military tribunals resumed operations today with two U.S. citizens in the prisoners' dock facing prosecution demands for the death penalty.

On trial in the theater of regimental headquarters here were the two U.S. citizens and 37 Cubans on charges of homicide and conspiracy against the revolutionary government.

Thirty-year prison sentences were asked for all but one of the Cubans. Among the Cuban defendants were two women.

A second military tribunal was scheduled in Havana tonight, with Rafael del Pino, a naturalized American, and five Cubans on trial on charges of counter revolutionary activity. The prosecutor is demanding the death penalty for all six.

Kadar Says Troops Will Stay

BUDAPEST, Hungary, Nov. 30--With Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev an intent listener, Janos Kadar declared today that Soviet troops are staying in Hungary.

The Hungarian Communist party leader lashed out at the United States in opening the party's first Congress since the 1956 uprising.

Kadar placed major blame for the 1956 uprising on "international imperialism headed by U.S. reactionary quarters."

Senate Publicizes Records

WASHINGTON, Nov. 30--Sons, wives, daughters, brothers, sisters and other relatives of senators showed up on Senate payroll records made public today.

For the first time since 1948, the Senate officially pulled aside the curtain of secrecy from salaries paid by senators to their office staffs.

Some of the senators with relatives on the payroll are among the best known, including Democratic leader Lydon B. Johnson of Texas.

His brother, Sam H. Johnson, was listed as a clerk of the Senate Democratic Conference with a salary at an annual rate of $15,633,36. The report also showed that Sens. James E. Murray D-Mont., Leverett Saltonstall R-Mass., and Ralph W. Yarborough D-Tex. had their sons working in their offices here.

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y., Nov. 30--Tunisia urged France today to take up political matters as well as a cease-fire in peace talks with the Algerian rebels.

Mongi Slim, delegate from Tunisia regarded as the chief spokesman here for the Algerians, said all the rebels want is a chance to discuss election guarantees and safeguards that would permit Algerians to make a truly free choice in determing their future