Ruggers to Face Montreal

The Crimson Rugby Club will try for its fourth spring victory this afternoon as it takes on the Montreal Wanderers at the North Woburn playground field. The first game since spring vacation, this starts a six-game series that will decide the winner of the Eastern Rugby Union championship.

President of the Club, Bill Morse stated yesterday that according to reports, the Wanderers, though not exceptional rugby players, are a very scrappy team. It should be a close game, and the Crimson team will have to be at its best to win.

This will be the first contest for the Canadians this spring. Playing last fall they lost to the New York Rugby Club, which also edged the Crimson by one point. The Wanderers are down for just a day and will head back to Montreal shortly after the game.

The Crimson will be playing at a disadvantage today, when it is without the services of two regular starters. Dick O'Neil, an experienced fullback, pulled a muscle in practice earlier this week and will be out of action. He should be ready to play by Monday or Tuesday. David Holmes, center, will be out of town and unable to play.

If the rugby club should win the Eastern League title there is a possibility that it will journey to California to play the Western champs.

Dartmouth, perhaps the strongest team in the league, and Yale, are scheduled to play at Woburn after the Harvard game in the second game of a doubleheader.