ROLLER DERBY

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The "Rolling Along" editorial in yesterday's CRIMSON could use an extensive reworking based on facts.

You state that "reports filtering from the Student Council office . . . indicate that roller derby tickets are not selling at all well." What are you talking about? The Student Council is not even selling roller derby tickets, let alone making any "reports" about the roller derby that could possibly have "filtered in" to you.

If your reporter had simply asked me about it, he would have learned that the Council regularly receives various advertising gimmicks along with its official correspondence, and that the advertising usually is filed in the waste-paper basket.

There are a number of other errors in your story, which is unfortunate; but more serious than all of these curious little misstatements is the anachronistic notion that there is "growing student indifference to the worthwhile activities of their representatives." There are more students participating in Council activities this very minute than ever before. This is the result of the new tie-in between the Council (which is an inter-House organization) and the House Committees, of the objective coverage the CRIMSON usually provides, and of the greatly increased activities of the new Council.

But I do agree with your conclusion: "The Council has only begun to serve." Ed Croman '60,   President, Student Council.