Radcliffe Selects Faculty Couple As Moors Hall Head Residents

Moors Hall will become the second Radcliffe dormitory with a young faculty couple as head residents, it was announced yesterday. David M. Bevington '52, instructor in English, and Mrs. Bevington have been named to replace Mrs. Katherine Fernstrum, who retires in June.

Frances R. Brown, Dean of Residence, stressed that the appointment furthers the attempt to increase faculty contact at Radcliffe and to bring tutorial closer to the Dorms. Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Brown, the first faculty couple, will continue at Comstock next year.

Radcliffe has no specific plan for replacing head residents with young couples, Miss Brown stated. "The physical setup does not permit us to have a deliberate policy which we might otherwise have," she said, since only Comstock and Moors have adequate living quarters for a married couple.

Even in these dorms, the prospect of "expanded families" will present problems of living space, the dean indicated. The Browns are expecting their first child in the fall.

Bevington will receive his Ph. D. in English next month, and his wife is currently working on her Ed. D. in the teaching of English.

Radcliffe also announced yesterday the appointment of Mrs. Ethel M. Desborough of Nova Scotia as head resident of Whitman Hall, to replace Mrs. Howard Denning, who is returning to England.