Cross Country Varsity Will Meet Dartmouth in Home Contest Today

It will be anybody's meet this afternoon when the cross country team meets Dartmouth at 8 p.m. on the Franklin Park course. Both squads boast two or three excellent runners, and the best is probably Indian Tom Laris, winner of last year's Harvard-Dartmouth contest.

Close behind Laris in this afternoon's scoring will be teammate Nick Jennison. Just how close he is will be a big factor in determining the winning team: a one-two finish by either Laris and Jennison or the Crimson's Mark Mullein and captain Jed Fitzgerald could easily swing the total sooring.

In the 1959 contest, Fitzgerald beat out Jennison for second place, and Mullin finished fourth, Dartmouth won, 27 to 30.

If neither team gains an advantage in the high finishers, the Green's hopes will rest on juniors Dan Tompkins and Dud Hallagan, who will be competing mainly against Crimson runners Ed Hamlin and Fred Howard. Bob knapp and Greg Baldwin should be the other two Crimson scorers.

Behind these runners, the varsity will field largely the same team it has used all year, Although Hamlin and Fitzgerald both have slight colds, there are no injuries on the squad.

In the freshman meet, despite the high finish Eddie Meehan will probably turn in, the Yardlings are in for a rough afternoon.