Foreign Visitors To Speak, Lead Student Panels

Dignitaries Will Live in Houses During 20th Century Week

Great Britain's delegate to the U.N. Trusteeship Council, a former member of Fidel Castro's Finance Ministry, and the director of the Arab Information Service in Washington are among several prominent foreign visitors scheduled to participate in the 20th Century Week "Perspectives on the U.S." program.

Dignitaries representing four key areas --the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia--will live in the Houses and act as leaders for the discussion program which will commence Friday, December 9.

Sir Andrew Cohen, the British delegate to the Trusteeship Council, will speak on African problems along with possible speakers Tom Mboya of Kenya and Oliver Tambo, youthful Pan-African leaders.

With Horacio Godoy, a professor of Law at the University of La Plata, Henrique Menoca, a former assistant to Che Guevera in the Cuban Finance Ministry, will represent Latin America.

Middle Eastern Delegates

Chief delegate for the Middle East will be Jamal S'ad of the United Arab Republic, present head of the Arab Information Service in Washington. Other speakers from the area will include a Lebanese businessman, a Syrian professor of Economics at Beirut University, and an Iranian economists. Raden Sanoeisi, a former chief of the Indonesian Directorate, will head the Southeast Asian delegation.

The week of speeches will center on the image the United States projects abroad, a topic that will provide a basis for the seminar discussions. Friday's seminars will deal with the "U.S.--A Culture and a People," Saturday's with economics, and Sunday's with foreign policy.

An expected 360 students attending from colleges throughout New England will be divided into groups of about 25.